I met Cataleya’s lovely mom almost two years before Cataleya was born. We designed and planned their family’s big Thanksgiving party and from the moment we met, mom shared how excited she and her husband were to start a family… So I consider it an extra honor that she selected us to design Cataleya’s very first birthday.
Cataleya is of mixed ethnicity and mom attended school in Mexico for years where she fell in love with the culture. Mom wants to teach Cataleya to be proud of her heritage, so the theme for her big day was a Mexican fiesta.
- The party inspiration was Mexican fiesta, but we wanted to steer clear of the stereotypical cheesy “Party City” style decorations.
- Style = modern and fun.
- Warm color tones with pop combined with touches of Mexican colors and texture (like terracotta pots).
- We had two events that day so, Melissa and I had to split up. This meant having to bring on more man power to cover both events. Our entire family had to come lend a hand and it was all hands on deck.
- The bounce house wasn’t inflating! And what’s a one year old party without a bounce house? Turned out, the blower wasn’t wasn’t getting electrical power from the facility’s outlet. The power issue wasn’t our fault, but it’s our job to make sure event is successful – so we tackled and resolved the issue.
- A fun, modern twist on the traditional Mexican fiesta.
PERSONAL EVENT HIGHLIGHTS
I absolutely adore how this party design concept came together. I’ve experienced my fair share of Mexican fiestas, which are always tons of fun, but I’m so proud of creative details and touches we created to bring the vision to life. Our client said it was better than they could’ve imagined, which is always one of the best compliments we could get.
The real highlight for me though was seeing Cataleya’s mom so committed to instilling the spirit of pride and heritage into Cataleya’s heart. I thought this was so beautiful and I feel so lucky to have been a part of such a meaningful celebration.